Thursday, July 24, 2014

An Ode to the Dark Stuff


I'd like to take a minute to write about something I'm truly passionate about... COFFEE.

I've spent the last three years of my life working in a popular coffee shop (aroma espresso bar, check it out) developing a serious, and I mean serious love for the dark stuff. Although I'm no longer slingin' espresso behind the bar I still consider it a big part of my life. It's something I look forward to every night. Really it's what gets me out of bed in the morning. I love the ritual of pulling myself out of bed (k, maybe not that part so much) and getting downstairs to throw my favourite beans in the grinder, washing my old moka pot and putting it all together on the stove to wait for the liquid gold to start oozing out. Man, that smell! It's has to be one of the best things going. 

My boyfriend says I'm a coffee snob I like to say I'm just a coffee lover. 

Thankfully I live in a great big city where independent cafes are popping up all over the place so we usually don't have to go very far for a good shot. 

What's my favourite?


If you ever find yourself in Toronto and in need of some great coffee look up Sam James. I get excited just thinking about their coffee. I even brew it at home, every morning. They roast their own beans so it's always fresh and slightly different each time I go in. I love this place.

Voodoo Child is another place I've fallen for. The first time I had a shot of espresso here, it blew my mind! So flavourful and they serve it wish a shot of sparkling water which is a nice touch. Not too many places doing this.

With all of this ranting done with I'd like to point out the meaning of my blog's title. A rosetta is that lovely leaf your barrista will make on top of your latte. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive