Saturday, May 31, 2014

Banana Bread + Disaster

Let me just start of by saying that I am no professional. An amateur at best. With that said I've had my fair share of cooking and baking disasters and I'm sure the fun will never end. I've got a long way to got before I can comfortably say "I know what I'm doing" when it comes to being in the kitchen.

Fail of the day: adding an extra banana to an already great banana bread recipe. 

That sucker would not bake. Although it looked and smelled great coming out of the oven. Slicing into it was another story. MUSH. No matter how long I left it in, it just would not cook. 
Oh well, lesson learned. 




I do actually have a great recipe that I've used multiple times with no issues. Here it is:

Banana Bread 

4 ripe mushed up bananas (1 1/2 - 2 cups)
1 egg
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350
Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Beat the egg, bananas and oil in a large bowl.
Stir in milk.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Then add it to the banana mixture and combine. 
Pour final mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until the top springs back when touched and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive