Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Healthier Take on Breakfast


I thought I'd try a bit of a healthier take on breakfast today.

Instead of the classic bacon and eggs with a side of greasy home fries I thought I'd skip the meat and grease. Instead I've opted for some delicious avocado and sweet potato, slightly spiced and baked instead of fried. YUM.

The toast is simply topped with half an avocado and either one or two sunny side up eggs, a little bit of s+p and some of my favourite, Sriracha. The sweet fries are super simple as well.

Sweet Potato Home Fries

2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400

Dice up the sweet potato into bit sized pieces. (I choose to keep the skin on but feel free to peel them if that's what you like.)
Chop up the rosemary and toss all ingredients in a bowl.
Throw on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.

A little side of spicy, sweet mayo is always good with sweet potato. I don't really have any specific measurements for this but its just a bit of mayo, sriracha and maple syrup.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive