Thursday, June 26, 2014

That Moment...


When after a day or maybe even a week of feeling terrible and completely unaccomplished you come home and make something that blows your mind.

This recipe may be simple but O M G was it what I needed. Not only did it hit the spot but everything just went so swimmingly. It turned out exactly as I wanted it to and that just doesn't happen often.


Also, those peonies! Just lovely.

For the custard I followed this recipe from Smitten Kitchen almost to a tee. Go check it out. Her blog is wonderful.

Grapefruit Scented Stewed Rhubarb:

Adapted from Barefoot Contessa's recipe here

1 1/4 cup rhubarb cut into half inch pieces
2 tsp grapefruit zest
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp white sugar
3/4 cup water

Put all ingredients into a small pot.
Bring to boil over high heat then reduce and let simmer until the rhubarb is tender and begins to fall apart.
Take off heat and let cool.
Pour over your cooled custards and top with fresh strawberries.

Had I had the time I would have liked to make little meringues with the left over egg whites. I think this would have been a nice crunchy element. Let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive